Who I am:
My website address is: http://mary-abshire.com.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
The following types of personal information collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with this website;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on this website—for example, your name, profile picture, and email address;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to my emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on this website;
- information that is generated while using this website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through this website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information that you post to this website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through this website, including its communication content and metadata;
- your name, email address and IP address are collected and stored in this website database when you comment on and/or rate images on our website.
- any other personal information that you send.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
This feature is only accessible to users logged in to WordPress.com.
This feature is only accessible to users logged in to WordPress.com.
In order to process a post like action, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID (on which the post was liked), post ID (of the post that was liked), user agent, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you submit the contact form on my website, your name and email address is captured. Contact form submissions are kept for one year for customer service purposes, but I do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, I will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, I will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. Please be aware you can delete cookies already stored on your computer via your internet browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
I use Google Analytics, Akismet anti-spam service, Yoast SEO, Yoast SEO Woocommerce, WooCommerce, SiteGround, JetPack, and Adwords on this website to recognize a computer when a user visits this website, rates images on this website, track users as they navigate the website, enable the use of a shopping cart on the website, improve the website’s usability, analyze the use of the website, administer the website, prevent fraud and improve the security of the website.
Who I share your data with
Personal information submitted to me through this website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. I may use your personal information for the following:
- administering this website and business;
- personalizing this website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on this website;
- sending you books purchased through this website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you my email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to my business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which I think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to this website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on this website, I will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to me.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on this website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
I will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on my website (if any), I also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- if I believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
I may disclose your personal information as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that I am (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
International data transfers
- Information that I collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on this website or submit for publication on this website may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
I collect information about you during the checkout process on my shop.
What I collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. I’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for my store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve my store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, I will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
I generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and I am not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 1 year for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
I accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
My contact information
You may contact me via email for privacy-specific concerns at mary at mary-abshire (dot) com.
How I protect your data
- I will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- I will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through this website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; I will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to my website).
What third parties we receive data from
This website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.